Showcase Interiors Ltd. Renovation Resources / Sustainability
As we’re committed to being our client’s best resource for home and business renovations and as we’re also committed to sustainability in our industry, we’re constantly updating our knowledge and our renovation resources. We’re always searching for new eco-friendly products, services and trade professionals as well as BC Building Codes and safety information.
There are hundreds of thousands of parts that go into a standard complete home renovation and as technology and sustainability requirements are constantly and rapidly changing, so too are code, municipal and environmental impact requirements or regulations.
As part of our renovation resources we’ve compiled a few links to businesses, government agencies and product suppliers we commonly refer to as part of the planning and management processes for our projects below:
- BC Building Codes Information website
- Industry Training Authority website
- BC Safety Authority website
- British Columbia Institute of Technology website
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia website
- Interior Designers Institute of British Columbia website
- Interior Designers of Canada website
- Worksafe BC Clearance Letter Page website
- Canada Green Building Council website
- Build It Green – Smart Solutions form the Ground Up website
- Livesmart Renovation Grants Program website
- City of Vancouver Building Property & Development Page website
- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation Renovation Info Page website
- Architectutral Woodwork Manufacturers Association of Canada website
- Master Painters Institute website
- Richelieu Hardware website
- Light-Scape Electrical Supply website
- Millson Technologies website
- Hi Fi Centre Audio Video Systems website
- Acoustic Solutions website
- Control 4 Home Automation website
- Lutron Electronics Inc.website
- Kohler Canada website
- Greenworks Building Supply website
- EcoSmart BioEthanol Fireplaces website
Sustainability in our Renovations
Recent studies have shown that over 60% of all debris in landfills come from the construction industry. We’ve identified many opportunities within our projects and processes where we can reduce waste, recycle and re-use demolition materials.
- We donate to Habitat for Humanity through their local ReStore where salvage materials can be re-used or sold for charity.
- As part of our demolition work, we strip metals and plastics for recycling and use demo materials such as carpet and cardboard as floor and wall protection in our renovations.
- Wherever and whenever possible we use environmentally friendly / biodegradable cleaning solutions, low VOC paints and sealers. We also work with manufacturers / suppliers who have adopted environmental responsibility as part of their core values.
- When we have the option to suggest eco friendly materials and products to our clients, we recommend products such as ecosmart bioethanol fireplace burners, materials than contain low or no formaldehyde, recycled products and products that are manufactured, packaged and shipped in efficient and responsible ways.