Showcase Interiors is looking for an experienced lead carpenter to manage residential renovation projects in Vancouver and on the North Shore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all trades, effectively managing daily on-site activities and completing on-site tasks as required. You are the lead on the ground, representing the company and making sure things get done safely, properly, on time and on budget.
This is a mixed supervisory and working carpenter role.
Successful candidates must possess the skills, knowledge, experience and confidence to professionally interact with design professionals, consultants and clients and successfully direct sub-contractors and company employees in planning, coordinating and safely executing the required work. They must also possess the necessary skills to complete on-site tasks as required. Leadership, carpentry skills and versatility are critical to success in this role.
- Set projects up with the Project Manager with an emphasis on safety.
- Review and understand job scope and schedule. Work with the office team to ensure all angles have been considered and you are set up to succeed.
- Adapt to changing circumstance, changes to job scope, and schedule changes to ensure client expectations are managed, the office team is informed and as a group we solve the problems and keep the project moving forward while delivering the highest quality workmanship and client experience.
- Measuring and calculating types and quantities of materials required.
- Purchase materials required on company accounts.
- Schedule subcontractors to meet deadlines, adapt subcontractor schedules to changing deadlines, keep subcontractors on task and ensure their work meets our high quality standards.
- Supervise crews on assigned jobs, ensure team members are being used productively on your projects.
- Follow and enforce company process, policy and procedure with crews and subcontractors.
- Ensure high quality service levels and work at all times.
- Communicate with clients at job site and escalate request / issues to management.
- Maintain constant communication with management.
- Personally perform high quality work.
- Support continuous improvement efforts.
WE WANT TO WORK WITH . . .
- Safety minded professionals.
- Proactive problem solvers who act with urgency.
- Direct communicators who take initiative.
- Those who are willing, able and confident to take on a leadership role.
- Those who are interested in being a core member of our team.
- Those who possess positive attitudes with strong attention to detail.
- Versatile client focused professionals with impeccable customer service abilities.
- Highly skilled carpenters who can deliver quality work.
- Red Seal Carpenter.
- Minimum 7 years working professionally in residential renovations.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role within your current or previous position.
- Post Secondary Technical School training and certifications.
- Familiarity with Building Permit inspections process and BC Building Code.
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Own reliable vehicle.
- Commitment to team, professional growth.
- Positive attitude.
We welcome all applicants who feel they meet the above minimum criteria. Please forward your information, resume and cover letter directly to us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com