Showcase Interiors is looking for multiple skilled carpenters and skilled labourers to support our Residential Renovation projects in Vancouver and on the North Shore.
Successful candidates will work closely with Site Supervisors to support daily on-site activities and complete on-site tasks as required.
Ideal candidates will be hard working, self-motivated, can take direction well and have proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing workloads, and communication.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of lightweight steel studs drywall, wood, wood substitutes, and other materials.
- General handyman duties.
- Able to work independently with direction.
- Familiar reading plans and details an asset.
- A good understanding of the construction process.
- Be able to do physical work for an 8-hour shift.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Willing to travel to different sites.
- Load, unload, and move materials and tools onto the site.
- Clean work areas and equipment regularly.
- Comfortable wearing personal protective equipment.
WE WANT TO WORK WITH . . .
- Safety minded individuals.
- Proactive problem solvers who act with urgency.
- Direct communicators who take initiative.
- Those interested in being core members of our team looking to advance their careers in Residential Renovations.
- Those with positive attitudes.
- 3+ years experience in skilled labour and carpentry.
- Red Seal considered an asset.
- The position is physically demanding and requires bending, crouching, kneeling, handling heavy loads, and good hand-eye coordination as well as a combination of standing and walking.
- The candidate may be required to work at heights, and in noisy places.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence.
- Own reliable vehicle.
- Positive attitude.
We welcome all applicants who feel they meet the above minimum criteria. Please forward your information, resume and cover letter directly to us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org